Sunday 29 April 2012

The clock is ticking....

Well the clock is ticking.....113 days left before we depart. Part of me is thinking that I've got loads of time and I've got 5 whole months yet. Another part of me is saying that I don't have long to raise the funds I so want to raise for Talking2Minds.....

I have a couple of events planned and I'm talking to a few companies and I have my Virgin Giving account that is running....and I know that the generosity of people out there is tremendous for causes like this and I also know that my fears are unfounded as my purpose is far greater than those fears....

We are now in a "double-dip recession" if we listen to the media. Maybe we are but that doesn't mean the people who suffer from PTSD get a break while others get their finances sorted out does it? In fact, it compounds their problems as it is an added worry for them on top of the nightmares, flashbacks, mood swings etc.... How can they expect to get and hold down a job with PTSD?  Who will want them if they're suffering from a severe stress related condition? So how can I worry about a recession? I don't have anything wrong with me (although some may think different!) and all I'm going to do is climb a big hill and ask for some support!!

I have my kit and most of it has now been tried and tested and I'm pretty happy about that. I'm pleased with my own training and reckon I'll be fine as long as the dreaded altitude sickness doesn't claim me as one of it's seemingly random victims.....

All roads seem to lead to Kilimanjaro now and I guess this is the way it's going to be until October! I often wake and imagine what it's going to be like, the weather, the sights and smells and then come back to the reality that is heavy rain and wind.....I wonder if I'll brave the Malvern Hills this afternoon........

www.talking2minds.co.uk

www.virginmoneygiving.com/BruceMartin66


No comments:

Post a Comment